Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Lion, The Witch, and the rather Tatty Chifferobe in the corner.

Pay no attention to me, I really don't have anything to say today. It's okay, you can click on "Next Blog" and you won't miss anything, really! I'm in a bit of a weird mood. We thought about going in to Austin tonight for the weekly Contra Dancing, but we're going in tomorrow for other reasons, and we do our best to conserve trips. Any trip in to town consumes at least a half a day from other things, takes at least an hour each way just driving, and consumes one and a half flagons of petroleum at least, unless of course I ride the Shadow, and that's rather a one-seater, as they say.
Of course, to really conserve fuel, I could have foregone the mostly fruitless trip I took with my mother to Kerrville and back on Monday. Roughly four hours each way for nothing. Sigh.


At least one minor achievement. I got a new hard drive for this desktop from Newegg.com and installed it yesterday. We've been having some issues, and this One Tera-gigabyte drive seems to help a good bit. Tera, that's Greek, I think, for "so freaking large you may as well forget ever, ever backing this sonofagun up again!" Oh well, it works fast. We still have to get our crashed second drive over to a friend who is hopefully going to be able to retrieve the whole bunch of stuff that was on it and no longer accessible. Nothing major, I don't think, mostly music and maybe some pix, possibly also the answer to the meaning of life. No, wait, I think that turned out to be "42".
All this time I thought "42" was that domino game my grandparents liked to play with other oldsters.
All this time they were playing with the meaning of life. I should have known.


So, what's up with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment