Friday, August 20, 2010

Fall Equinox coming up!

Doing a bit of re-reading of Spiral Dance by Starhawk. It's been a few years since I read it. I have the 20th anniversary edition. There is probably a 30th out, I need to get it. It's fascinating to read her 10th and 20th year commentary on the book. Amazing to see how the path has grown since she wrote it in the 70's. She says herself that there was so little material to draw from in her own research into the path of the goddess. No more than a handful of people were contributing to that branch of anthropology/religious study. Since then so much has been added, much spurred by Starhawk herself, and many others.
I think a complete re-read is in order. I was just doing a bit of brushing up to implement my role as ritual co-ordinator for the next Tejas Web public ritual, the one for Autumn Equinox, or Mabon. I got a bit side-tracked by Starhawk's updates.
It's all good!
Starhawk's own path has taken her to Earth Activist Training, among other things. It's her own branch of Permaculture, but very much activist. She has a new course coming up soon. I hope to take it myself as soon as I can. It will add a lot to the Permaculture Design Course I already took here in Austin. 
By the way, that one is also coming up. Click on the links above to check them out! I'd recommend them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment